On our way back from Ubon we decided to stop at the halfway
point, Bangkok. Before we came to Bangkok we tried to go to Cambodia since we
were near the border. But Jacob wasn’t feeling well and we couldn’t bring the
car over the border so we decided to go to Bangkok. The traffic at the out
skirts of Bangkok was crazy because of all the people going back to work after
the festival. To top that, there was a pile up so all the cars on the main
highway (including us) were diverted to a secondary road that made the trip
even slower. We arrived at our hotel at two in the morning. The hotel that we are staying at, the Mandarin
hotel, was the one that we stayed at last time Dad and I came.
If you haven’t seen Bangkok, the city is enormous. It has
over six million people and has skyscrapers as far as the eye can see. After
the breakfast buffet we then drove to one of the biggest shopping malls in
Thailand. We went to a place called Kidzania, a place where kids learn
occupations and how to do jobs. Even though I was the oldest kid I still was
able to do a number of jobs. I got to be a cook, veterinarian, car repairer,
photographer, and reporter. Most of the jobs that I did, I did with Jacob. My
favorite job however was to drive cars on a simulator. I got a perfect score
and I got to drive electric cars. Every time you do a job you get their
currency called Kidzos. You could use those Kidzoes to buy stuff at the store,
but the store prices were insane. I earned about 94 Kidzoes, and a small
scooter cost 20,000 Kidzoes, so I would have to work every day for 200 days to
get it. Assuming I got 100 every day.
The next day we drove to the main immigration center to
extend Mom’s visa for one month. The building is huge and you could fit a
racing track in the middle. Up above the celling was made of glass that made
the building seem even bigger. The rest of us left Mom at the immigration
building while we went to pass time. The two museums that we wanted to go to
were closed so we got our haircut instead. After picking up Mom, we got back to
the hotel and Jacob, James, and I went for a swim before going to bed. We left
the next morning to go back to Phuket.
That’s all for now
No comments:
Post a Comment