Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ubon Ratchathani and Bangkok [James Burke]

Surin - The Elephant Camp


Today we are at elephant camp where they take good care of elephants. First, we looked at a cool elephant museum witch had cool stuff inside. Then, we rode elephants all around the elephant camp. I bought another nice shirt. We went on a very nice hike and heard some elephants along the way. It was very hot so luckly we got some ice cream. While got our treats, we talked with moms friend and looked around the small village. It was very fun.

Ubon Ratchathani - The Candle Festival

Today we are at the candle festival. First I got a bird puppet then I got some food and drink and I also got a nice shirt and we a got some gifts for our teacher gra dtaai (ms bunny). When we went to the candle festival we saw some finger dancers and floats made completely made out of wax. I think there where 6 floats. I saw some guys holding big signs too. There were also people on trucks playing music while people were dancing with a big radio following them. Later, we went to the park and went on the trampoline and a ferris wheel. After the rides we left for the hotel and some rest.



Me at the Parade



King's Candle

One of the floats

Bangkok - Kidzania

Kidzania is a park for kids it’s where kids get jobs and get money called Kidzos. No coins just paper money. Kidzos come in many colors pink, green, brown and blue. First I went to the gas station then I went to the cooking class and got a chocolate stick I had to pay 10 Kidzos. Next I was a fire fighter then I helped with being a studio producer then I was a car mechanic then I went to the eye exam to get my eyes checked and last a construction worker then I left it was great fun.

Me waiting to be a gas attendant

Me as a gas attendant

Me making chocolate sticks

Me as a firefighter

Me putting out a fire with real water!


Bangkok - Immigrations

Today when I woke up I started playing Legos. Minutes later I went to the breakfast buffet after I ate we all went strait to the immigration center to get mom her visa. When we where waiting dad took us to the mall we looked at the movies but there were no movies that dad wanted to watch then we got a haircut the haircut took hours we left mom waiting at the immigration center for five hours!!! When we where waiting for Jacob to finish his haircut, dad got me a sandwich.

Thanks for reading - JAMES

No comments:

Post a Comment